Upcoming talks and conferences
- “Women and Children First? Feminist Eugenics, Imperial Futures, and the Ambiguity of Utopia” on panel “She’s Dreaming: Alternate Racial Futures and the Decolonial Imaginary in Speculative Cultural Production” at Decolonizing Future Intellectual Legacies and Activist Practices: The Second Major Conference of the Critical Ethnic Studies Association. September 19-21, 2013, University of Illinois-Chicago.
- Keynote speaker at Imagined Alternatives: A Graduate Symposium on Speculative Fictions. English Department, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. October 18-19, 2013.
- Panelist on “Creating Utopia: Feminist Science Fiction” with Molly Gloss, Andrea Hairston, L. Timmel Duchamp and Helen Merrick. Agents of Change: 40th Anniversary Celebration for the Center for the Study of Women in Society at the University of Oregon. Eugene, OR, November 9 2013.
- “Women and Children First? Feminist Eugenics, Imperial Futures, and the Reproduction of Racial Utopias” on panel She’s Dreaming: Alternate Racial Futures and the Decolonial Imaginary in Speculative Cultural Production. American Studies Association Annual Conference. Washington, DC, November 21-24, 2013.
- “Living in the Future: Science Fiction’s Queer Cultural Politics” on panel New Approaches to Science Fiction Criticism. Modern Language Association Annual Convention. Chicago, IL. January 4-7, 2014.